Visitors Visa Application
What Is Involved In The Visitor Visa Application Process?
You are able to come to the UK as a Standard Visitor for a number of reasons including tourism; for a holiday or to see your family and friends, for certain business activities, short-term study, to take part in research or an academic exchange programme or for medical reasons. Whatever the reason for your travel, you will need to complete a Visitor Visa application.
The rules for visitor visa application are not one size fits all and often it depends on both your nationality and what you intend to do whilst you’re in the UK. As such, our specialist immigration lawyers can help you navigate the actions and documents required for your UK Visitors Visa to ensure the process runs as smoothly as possible.Contact us
What Are The UK Visitor Visa Requirements?
UK Visitor Visas can be requested for different types of visits and activities. In order to successfully obtain a UK Visitor Visa, you must provide proof that:
- You will leave the UK at the end of your stay
- You will not live in the UK for extended periods of time either by frequent or successive visits
- You will not make the UK your main residence
- You are able to support yourself and any dependants during your stay
- You are able to fund your return and any transferring journeys
- You can provide proof of any business or other activities you wish to undertake during your stay in the UK
In addition to navigating the eligibility requirements, you must also be aware of the things you are and are not allowed to do whilst in the UK under the
guidelines of your Visitors Visa application. This is something that our lawyers have extensive experience with and will be able to guide you through.
What Are The Documents Required For The UK Visitors Visa?
To successfully complete your application, there are certain documents required for the UK Visitors Visa that you must provide including a passport or travel document that is valid for the entire duration of your stay in the UK and contain a blank page for your visa.
If your travel documents are not in English or Welsh, you will also need to provide a certified translation.
You will also need to provide proof of the following in the documents required for your UK Visitors Visa:
- The dates you plan to visit the UK
- Details of where you will be staying during your visit
- An estimated cost of the trip
- Your current home address and details of residency
- Your parents’ names and dates of birth (if known)
- Your annual income (if applicable)
- Details of any criminal, civil or immigration offences you may have committed
The documentation required for your UK Visitors Visa may also depend on the activities you have planned or the reason for your visit – something our
immigration lawyers will help you understand and put together.