Charlotte Catto Associate Solicitor - Private and Corporate Immigration
Charlotte is an experienced immigration specialist at Branch Austin McCormick LLP, having trained at a boutique practice in Mayfair prior to representing clients at a city practice. Her expertise within both corporate and private immigration matters permits well rounded advice to her clients.
+44 (0) 207 851 0122
ProfileBack to team
Charlotte successfully advises entrepreneurs and businesses on setting up in the UK or expanding their reach from overseas to access opportunity within the UK market. She enjoys both the technical aspect and working closely with clients to help navigate government Rules and guidance in order to achieve their desired outcomes. With strong corporate experience, Charlotte has seen success in the following areas:
- Start-up/Innovator routes including obtaining endorsement and a Start-Up visa for a PhD graduate within 10 days before his leave expired
- Overseas Business Representative and it’s replacement Global Mobility – Expansion Worker route having advised holistically on immigration solutions for overseas entrepreneurs expanding into the UK
- Advised an EdTech company on an expedited sponsorship licence application and obtained a decision within 3 weeks of instruction to permit retention of a valuable skilled staff member
- Represented a global construction company including reviewing their HR systems, conducting a mock audit and represented them at a Home Office compliance audit to ensure a successful outcome and permit hiring of Skilled Workers (Engineers, welders, pipe fitters) from overseas
Her experience includes family reunion applications including spouse and unmarried partners, EEA and nationality applications and applications outside the Rules. As a private client practitioner, Charlotte has worked closely with the family department, including on a complex surrogacy matter involving securing status for a minor.
Charlotte believes that her clients have unique needs, and a tailored approach along with a bespoke legal strategy is imperative in each case. Having joined the firm in February 2021 and helped to grow the department since its inception, Charlotte was admitted to the roll of solicitors in September 2022.
Out of the office, Charlotte spends time travelling, reading and at the gym or local yoga studio.
ExpertiseBack to team
- Advised a global trucking company on attaining a sponsorship licence and compliance requirements for their entity and subsequent transfer of key employees, in order to facilitate a high value contract
- Advised and secured start up endorsement and leave to remain for a master’s student with precarious status, based upon an innovative business idea
- Sought positive determination for a Child Student applying from within the UK on a discretionary basis as their previous status meant they needed to leave the UK to apply, which would have caused severe detriment
- Secured endorsement and entry clearance for a team innovator application, working closely with the endorser to ensure all requirements were aligned to commence UK operations and exclusive distribution of a unique petroleum product
- Represented an EU national with a discretionary application under the EU Settlement Scheme to secure Settled Status, despite high absences
- Expeditiously advised a health tech company to correct numerous errors in their licence application and meet their client contractual deadline
What our clients say:
Very positive experience … highly professional throughout the process and have been able to successfully lead us through a potentially difficult application process.
What our clients say:
I recently used Branch Austin McCormick LLP as my immigration advisors. They were so wonderful in terms of exploring my options with me and then actually getting my application together, submitted and securing me a positive outcome. I would recommend them to anyone I know and sing their praise as they alleviated a lot of stress/anxiety off my shoulders. Jayesh and Charlotte went above and beyond. Thank you!