Tania Austin Partner - Commercial and Residential Property and Private Client
Tania is head of the property department. A highly experienced solicitor whose extensive experience and expertise extends to all types of property . Having acted for many years for a wide range of owners, occupiers, investors, developers, high net worth clients and family offices, her breadth of knowledge across all aspects of property law and the interrelation between areas is invaluable. Tania is highly regarded by both her clients and her peers and much in demand for her pro-active and practical attitude and advice.
+44 (0) 20 7851 0100
ProfileBack to team
Tania’s practice covers:
- Commercial and industrial property – offices, manufacturing and warehousing, land, retail and hospitality, singly and portfolios, as well as real estate acquisitions, financing, disposals, management and lettings, licences.
- Residential property – purchase, finance, development and sales of all types of land and property, houses, estates and flats, farmland, private, investment, portfolio, management, consents and works.
- Property disputes, including lease disputes, dilapidation, neighbour, party walls and boundaries.
- Leasehold/freehold enfranchisement, rights of first refusal and extended lease claims for landlords and tenants, individuals and lessee groups.
- Commercial and residential block and estate legal management support and advice for owner/lessee owned management companies, private landlords and developers.
Tania qualified as a solicitor in November 1984 after studying Law (LLB Hons) at the University College of Wales, Aberystwyth and passing her Solicitors Finals at the College of Law in Chester.
Out of the office Tania has many hobbies but in fact spends most of her free time in the countryside with her horse.
ExpertiseBack to team
Tania’s highlights are her long, enduring and wide ranging relationships with her clients, many of whom stretch back decades and whom she has guided through successive and successful acquisitions and disposals for their expanding and changing property needs, for business, personal and investment purposes and the management of property and portfolios, such as:
- The acquisition and disposal of various commercial and industrial properties for a wide range of landlords and tenants, management – including sublettings, alterations and disputes and successful settlement of dilapidations claims.
- Refinancing of the entire UK commercial and industrial property holdings of a multinational company as part of its global restructuring.
- Disposal of a Central London headquarters building for hotel redevelopment including overage.
- Purchase of luxury apartments for high net worth clients based abroad, obtaining landlords consents for uniting and major refurbishment, managing and resolving related issues arising and including successful claim under the Party Wall Act for damage suffered from other building works above just after the refurbishment had completed .
- Various block freehold acquisitions for lessees, setting up their new leases and management and continuing to provide legal management
- The acquisition, management and ultimately several years later disposal of a retail park and adjacent industrial park, formerly the Ford car plant at Speke in Liverpool.
Extremely efficient… with all the knowledge, experience and professionalism you would hope from a lawyer. And beyond that, she also excellently managed the relational side of getting a deal done as well as the technical side.
…Showed considerable determination and resilience in seeing the sale through to completion despite what proved to be a very challenging and complicated transaction. Her professionalism and expertise was very much valued throughout.