John Pegg Associate - Corporate and Commercial
John is an Associate in Branch Austin McCormick’s Corporate team.
John advises clients on a broad range of corporate and commercial matters for international and domestic clients, including numerous M&A transactions, preparing commercial documents, and providing advisory services to corporate clients.
+44 (0) 20 7851 0113
ProfileBack to team
Prior to joining Branch Austin McCormick in September 2023, John worked at a national firm in Australia in the corporate and commercial practice group.
John has experience working with an eclectic mix of clients, including public companies, large international and national companies, and large not-for-profit groups, across a range of different industry sectors (including financial services, mining, registered clubs, project management, technology firms, educational institutes (universities and private colleges), and medical practices).
John has also worked with high-net-worth individuals, including doctors, property developers, banking executives, politicians, and company directors, with advice on their personal affairs, including property transactions, employment, and investments in both Australian and foreign companies.
Outside of work, John enjoys reading novels, travelling, and when in Australia, dodging sharks while snorkelling and scuba diving at his favourite spots around Sydney.
ExpertiseBack to team
- Acting for a UK insurance company on the sale of its Australian subsidiary to another UK based company.
- Acting for a hotelier in the AUD$100 million disposal of its harbourfront hotel in Sydney, Australia.
- Acting for a client on the acquisition of a bio-remedial company’s total shareholding. Post-acquisition, John assisted the new company owners on the preparation of new commercial documents for the business, as well as assisting the company on the acquisition of another target company.
- Advising and acting for a heavy vehicle smash repairs business on the sale of its assets to a private equity firm, including a lease-back arrangement between the seller and buyer.
- Advising and acting for a private medical company on the restructuring of its business following the resolution of a shareholder dispute. This included the preparation of shareholder deeds, assets sale agreements, and ancillary documents.
- Acting for a business owner who operated gymnasiums in Sydney. John assisted with the sale of part of the client’s interest in the business to third parties, as well as the preparation of partnership agreements.
Admission and Membership
- Supreme Court of New South Wales, Australia
- High Court of Australia
- The Law Society of New South Wales
- Master of Laws, University of New South Wales
- Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Arts (Politics and Philosophy), Macquarie University
- Graduate Diploma, Legal Practice, The College of Law, Sydney, Australia